Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Eating raw and emotional healing

So... I have finished my 10 day program at the Living Foods Institute in Atlanta. I must say it was the most incredible experience I have ever had. For 10 days I did enemas morning and night, ate only live raw food prepared deliciously, and saw the most wonderful therapists ever. Can you tell I enjoyed it?
We made food every morning; dishes like raw hummus, guacamole, lasagne, spaghetti (zucchini noodles), lots of salads with sprouted beans and seeds, wheatgrass juice every morning, even cookies and crackers made in a dehydrator. I have never eaten so well. I lost over 10 pounds without ever being hungry. We had classes every afternoon on cleansing, chi gong, various mind body therapies, and lots of gratitude circles. I made some amazing friends and heard unbelievable stories of healing.
Today is my 59th birthday and I feel better than I have in more than a decade. I have had no sugar, no alcohol, no gluten, no refined foods, and very little cooked foods for the last month.
I am in Newnan, Ga. at Cancer Treatment Centers of America, where I had my first day of a 3 day evaluation to decide on a treatment plan for my cancer. This hospital is like a 5 star resort. I got there this morning at 8:00, waited about 10 minutes, then went to a room in the outpatient clinic where I stayed for 2 and a half hours while various people came to me to take my history, draw my blood, examine me, etc... Did you get that part about them coming to me?
I left at 10:30 to go and kill some time until lunch. Shortly after I left the nurse who drew my blood called me to tell me my blood sugar was low and to be sure I felt all right and was coming back to eat something soon.
I returned at 11:30 to get a very large salad of mixed greens, carrots, red onions and spring onions, all of which were organic. I also got a piece of grilled salmon and half a sweet potato. 2 bottles of water completed my Free lunch. Yes, I said free. Patients eat free and their caregivers get a 60% discount. I saw a movie and returned at 4 to eat basically the same thing again.
I am now back at my hotel room (paid for by the hospital). Tomorrow I will meet with a mind body therapist, have an EKG, have a patient advocate consult as well as a nurse consult and a surgical consult. On Thursday I will meet with a naturopath, a nutritionist, another nurse, and the oncologist. At that time my "team" will tell me what they recommend my plan of action should be.
I will then go home and talk things over with my husband and decide what I want to do.
I would strongly urge everyone who knows someone with cancer to tell them to contact this hospital group. They fly people in from all over. I saw their stretch limousine bringing someone from the airport today. I feel very fortunate to have good health insurance that allows me to be here to receive treatment. I will continue this blog as my journey continues. Thanks for all the positive thoughts, the prayers, and support. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment