Monday, October 5, 2015

To summarize...

I haven't had time to blog recently and there isn't much new going on in terms of my health. I thought this would be a good time to summarize where I am and what I'm doing... Or not doing, as the case may be.
As far as I know I am cancer free. I would like to point out here that this fact is not a guarantee of health. Do you know of someone who wasn't feeling well, went to their doctor for help, and learned they had Stage 4 cancer for which there wasn't much hope of successful treatment? I suspect you all do.
The reason for this is; and if you take nothing else from this blog, please take this; your doctor is not the quardian of your health. Your doctor is not checking to see that you are healthy- even at your yearly check-ups. Your doctor only learned to treat symptoms in medical school. That is the business doctors are in- treating the symptoms of disease. When you take an ache or pain to your doctor, he/she runs tests to determine what pharmaceutical might best treat your symptom; rarely does she try to determine what might have caused the symptom or disease.
How many times has your doctor asked you what you eat every day? How often you exercise? How much alcohol you drink? Caffeine intake? Artificial sweeteners you consume? If you are regularly exposed to heavy metals from amalgam fillings?
Has your doctor ever told you that a diet high in fresh fruits and vegetables, low in animal products, alcohol, sugar, grains, processed and synthetic foods; coupled with weight- bearing and aerobic exercise, can keep you healthy and pain- free? Has your doctor told you this diet can prevent, or as in my case even reverse, osteoporosis? Has he told you this diet will normalize your weight and blood sugar, will keep your heart healthy, prevent cancer, arthritis, and diabetes, and enable you to lead a long and healthy life? I suspect not.
I probably wouldn't have made the changes I have made this year if I hadn't been diagnosed with cancer. For this reason, I now see my cancer diagnosis as a blessing. I honestly never believed I would ever again weigh less than 130 pounds. For the last 3 months my weight has been stable at 120-125 pounds. I struggled to maintain that weight in my 20's. My blood sugar swings have decreased, my strength and endurance has greatly increased, and my mental and emotional outlook on life has never been more positive.
I urge you to pay attention to your body. Aches and pains are your body's way of alerting you to problems and imbalances. The older your body is the more toxins it has accumulated. There are many safe ways to de-tox the organ systems of your body. It is astounding how long our bodies can survive working under huge toxic overload and system malfunction. If you have ever had a loved one in hospice care you may have witnessed just how long a body can cling to life without food or even water. Having witnessed that with both of my parents I can testify to that.
Be aware of the messages you give yourself. Listen to your internal dialogue. All physical disease has emotional components. Your thoughts become your dreams and your dreams become your reality. Expect health.
I believe I developed breast cancer because I neglected to care for my body, mind, and spirit. I ignored the mercury exposure I knew was detrimental to my health. I drank too much alcohol too often and consumed too much sugar. I did not love myself enough to deal with emotional issues affecting my happiness and contentment. I didn't exercise or meditate regularly, although I was aware of the benefits of both. I didn't appreciate the fragility of health and ignored many warning signs that mine was deteriorating.
I now know how to be healthy. My task is to continue to be healthy.
I hope this message helps you to take charge of your health and your life. Be well. Be happy.
Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment